URvet Care is seeking associate veterinarians to work in a team-led practice at our location in New York City. We have state-of-the-art medical equipment and offer a wide range of services.
Working as an associate veterinarian, you will be able to provide:
- Illness exams
- Soft tissue and orthopedic surgery
- Disease prevention and health counseling
- Nutritional counseling
- Medical, surgical, and imagery consultations
- Extensive in-house and off-site laboratory services
- Emergency services
You will have opportunities to participate in ongoing on-site and off-site CE and scheduled case discussions.
Your personal growth and mental health, professionally and personally, will be a priority. You will be part of a medical service team and be mentored by seasoned veterinarians and nurses.
You will be required to:
- Communicate at a high level with transparency and a willingness to learn
- Be a strong team player – You’ll be working with and advising other doctors, nurses, and aids
- Educate, support, hear, communicate with, and advise customers
- Be comfortable with an empathetic environment
- Examine patients
- Recommend appropriate diagnostic tests and imaging when necessary
- Monitor patients in the hospital
- Perform surgery; manage trauma patients
- romote preventive care by advocating and administering routine vaccinations and educating clients on positive diet and lifestyle choices for their pets
- Monitor and improve patients’ dental health by performing check-ups, conducting routine cleanings, reviewing radiographs, and performing oral surgery and extractions.
- Perform euthanasia
- Maintain patients’ medical records
- Ensure compliance with veterinary ethics and relevant statutes, policies, and procedures
This is the practice for doctors who realize learning never ends…that medicine is an art that requires team management. You’ll join board-certified consultants representing all areas of veterinary medicine.
Salary: Salaries commensurate with experience
- Have a passion for animals
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree or equivalent from an accredited university
- Active veterinary state license
- Current DEA License (can be obtained upon hire)
- USDA Accreditation (can be obtained upon hire)
- Experience preferred but new graduates seeking mentorship are welcome to apply.