Licensed Veterinarian Technician
URvet Care is seeking licensed veterinarian technicians to work in a team-led practice at our location in New York City. We have state-of-the-art medical equipment and offer a wide range of services.
Licensed veterinary technicians are advocates for their patients and work in a team environment with other veterinarians to provide exceptional patient care and superior client service.
Come thrive in an environment that encourages education and continued personal and professional growth. There are also opportunities to be a mentor to newer team members.
There is no ceiling for professional advancement at URvet care. You will be encouraged to continue your professional journey through further education and being in a progressive medical environment.
Responsibilities of Veterinary Technicians include:
Triaging patients and taking their vitals
- Acquiring patient history and other information from clients
Working within a medical service environment
- Discussing cases, treatment plans and formulating treatment orders
Assisting with diagnostic procedures.
Discussing treatment plans and estimates, and payment options with clients.
Acquiring cephalic, saphenous and jugular blood samples.
Placing IV catheters, monitoring and charting anesthesia, monitoring ventilators and fluid therapy.
- Assessing and managing analgesia.
Operating autoclaves and Anprolene sterilizers.
Processing specimens in the in-house laboratory and submitting specimens to outside laboratories.
Proficiency in working in radiology. Working with Veterinary Assistants.
Following radiology diagnostic orders, obtaining various types of studies, soft tissue and orthopedic. (willing to learn new techniques).
Basic ultrasounds skills for obtaining laboratory samples.
Calculating medication dosages and providing dosage instructions for clients.
Discussing treatment plants with your nursing team.
Entering patients’ service charges into the computer database and keeping accurate patient records.
Explaining patient instructions to clients and sharing educational materials.
Salary: Up to $45 commensurate with experience
Skills and Qualifications
- Must be an accredited Veterinary Technician with an active state license, or a student enrolled in an accredited Veterinary program.
- Be able to use all your skill sets from wellness care to critical care medicine.
- Minimum 2 years professional experience in small animal clinical setting.
- Superior technical knowledge and skills.
- Proficient in medical math calculations (drugs, constant rate infusions, conversions, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills with clients and team members.
- Proficient time management, ability to problem solve, learn, and handle multiple tasks.
- Enthusiastic team player with a patient, proactive and positive professional attitude.
- Willing to help and assist restraining pets of at least 40 pounds and able to work on your feet most of the day.
- Must have the ability to adjust to changes in the environment and able to handle stress in a calm manner.
- Must be able to anticipate and be detail oriented due to high level of quality medicine we provide.
- VERY willing to mentor new graduates and current nursing students.