URvet Care is seeking licensed veterinarians to work in a team-led practice at our location in New York City. We have state-of-the-art medical equipment and offer a wide range of services.
Licensed veterinarians are advocates for their patients and work in a team environment with other veterinarians to provide exceptional patient care and superior client service.
We are proud to be able to offer clients and their guardians the best veterinary care in NYC. We’ve raised the bar from being a conventional, average animal care clinic to being an emerging icon of change.
We give the best treatment to our staff so they can pay it forward to our clients. Thrive in an environment that encourages education and continued personal and professional growth. You’ll be surrounded by accomplished vets as well as those who can learn from you.
Working for URvet Care as a licensed veterinarian, you will be able to:
- Practice/Ensure compliance in accordance with state practice act and principles of veterinary medical ethics and relevant statutes, policies, and procedures
- Work within a medical service environment
- Learn and deliver new practices, procedures, standards, and guidelines
- Deliver medical and surgical treatments
- Perform wellness and illness exams
- Provide in-home vet care per URpet Care’s standards, practices, and procedures
- Be the animal’s advocate by instructing the owner to return if necessary, providing home-care instructions, and educating them when appropriate
- Maintain relevant, comprehensive medical records via URpet Care’s system
- Foster an effective veterinary support team by teaching them medical standards, ethical practices, and your veterinary knowledge and experience
- Be open to and supportive of lesser trained or experienced vet care staff
- Communicate at a high level with transparency and a willingness to learn
- Be a strong team player – You’ll be working with and advising other doctors, nurses, and aids
- Support, HEAR, communicate with, and advise customers
- Be comfortable working in an empathetic environment
- Recommend appropriate diagnostic tests and imaging when necessary.
- Medical, surgical, and imagery consultations
- Monitor patients in the hospital
- Perform soft tissue and orthopedic surgery/Emergency services; manage trauma patients
- Promote preventive care by advocating and administering routine vaccinations and educating clients on positive diet and lifestyle choices for their pets
- Monitor and improve patients’ dental health by performing check-ups, conducting routine cleanings, reviewing radiographs, and performing oral surgery and extractions.
- Perform euthanasia
- Perform extensive in-house and off-site laboratory services
Salary: Salaries commensurate with experience
- Have a passion for animals
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree (DVM/VMD) or equivalent from an accredited university
- State Veterinary Board License and must be in good standing for the state in which they are hired, prior to their start date
- Active veterinary state license
- Current DEA License (can be obtained upon hire)
- USDA Accreditation (can be obtained upon hire)
- Experience preferred, but new graduates seeking mentorship are welcome to apply.
Your professional and personal development is important to us. We know how important mental health is in this profession and will support and provide practices that aid in supporting a healthy mental state. Our clients and their owners depend on it.